Exploratory Laparotomies for Dogs and Cats
This course uses narrated slides and videos to show the participant how and when to do an exploratory laparotomy (ex lap) on a dog or cat. What organs to biopsy and how to obtain the biopsies are described in detail and demonstrated. How to do a securely do a continuous pattern closure on a lengthy linea alba incision is also shown. This course takes the guessing of the exploratory laparotomy.
- Review indications for performing an ex lap.
- Understand how to properly perform the ex lap; including checking the gutters.
- What to biopsy (not optional!!).
- How to obtain diagnostic biopsies.
- How to close a lengthy abdominal incision with a continuous pattern (optional!)
- This is a pre-recorded course.
- A narrated slide presentation is used to make the necessary points.
- Each technique is demonstrated via a short video embedded within the slide show.
- A narrated video of a complete exploratory laparotomy, including biopsies, accompanies this workshop.
- Once you register for this course you will receive a passcode via email. This passcode will give you access to all the course materials. There is no expiry date.
- A narrated slide presentation, with embedded videos, which is approximately 60 minutes in duration.
- A narrated video of a complete exploratory laparotomy, including biopsies, approximately 25 minutes in duration.
- A quiz which the participant must submit and pass with a minimum score of 70% in order to be awarded the RACE credits.
- RACE Credits: 1.5
Course Presenter: Dr. Anne Sylvestre BSc, DVM, DVSc CCRP, Diplomate ACVS/ECVS
- Registration Fee: $141.25 ($125.00 + HST)